POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Plugin testing : RE: Plugin testing Server Time
29 Jun 2024 00:07:10 EDT (-0400)
  RE: Plugin testing
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 4 Jan 2003 21:31:54
Message: <3e17991a@news.povray.org>

3e16ee3d$1@news.povray.org...
> Glow.dll
> This plugin does not work anymore. Has nothing to do with Moray I guess,
> but with POV-Ray 3.5. Glow seems not to be supported anymore.

The glow plugin only works with megapov ( up to its latest version
based in povray 3.1x). Maybe it's supported by the latest megapov
version (haven't tested yet)

> Is there a solution? The help mentions a glow patch somewhere...

To make glows, I usually include this file with Moray's include feature
(the code comes from an old Warp's post)

// Glows.
#macro Glow(GlowColor, Scale)
  sphere
  { 0, 1 hollow no_shadow
    pigment { rgbt 1 }
    interior
    { media
      { emission 1/Scale
        density
        { spherical density_map
          { [0 rgb 0][.5 rgb GlowColor*.5][1 rgb 1]
          }
        }
        samples 1,1 intervals 1 confidence .1 // quite fast settings
        method 3
      }
    }
    scale Scale
  }
#end

// set your glows as you like, for example:

light_source
  looks_like { Glow(<0,.5,1>, 1) }
}

// or

object { Glow(<0,.5,1>, 1) translate 0 }

// end of  glow.

Hope this helps

Txemi Jendrix
http://www.txemijendrix.com